Friday 31 May 2013

Games Based Learning - is back! Did it ever go away?

This is a phrase that we have talked about a lot on this site and at conferences. I have felt in recent times the phrase has been lost, but linked below is a presentation made by Jen Deyenberg who shows it is alive and well. She runs a teaching with Technology blog called Trails Optional   I didn't see the live presentation but get email updates from her blog. Have a click though.



What struck me is that along with some interesting new games and ideas, the older ideas that we have talked about on this very site are still being used today.

I spent the afternoon with my 12 year old friend teaching me all about Minecraft - its definitely something that  I need to get into and this presentation just confirmed it again for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment